Recommended Educational Links (click here)
Subjects Include: Anatomy & Physiology, Lensometry, Keratometry, Corneal Topography, Wavefront Abberometry, Retinoscopy, Refractometry, Prescribing Prism, Opticianry, Expert Eyeglass Checks, Pre-op Cataract Measure, Ant Seg OCT Measure, Basic SCL Fitting, Toric SCL Basics, RGP Contact Lens Basics, Specialty RGP’s, Scleral CL’s, Paragon CRT / Orthokeratology and more.
Todd’s 5 hour paraoptometric program is CPC approved through May 11, 2019 and is available to be taught to paraoptometrics nationwide. Contact Todd for availability.
As an ophthalmic educator, Todd has been published in numerous peer-reviewed ophthalmology journals and was an invited guest of various corporate speaker bureaus over the years. More recently, you may have heard him talk at one of the below programs.
Several of the below courses are available for CEC’s at eyecarece.jcahpo.org/
- February 2017 – Delaware Optometric Association ParaOptometric Program: Ophthalmic Terminology & Common Eye Disorders; Ophthalmic Pre-Testing & Diagnostic Instrumentation: clinical principles & common procedures
- October 2016 – Philadelphia Regional Ophthalmic Society: Don’t Forget About the Light: what’s new in pre-op assessment
- May 2016 – Pennsylvania Optometric Association ParaOptometric Program: Ophthalmic Terminology & Common Eye Disorders; Ophthalmic Pre-Testing & Diagnostic Instrumentation: clinical principles & common procedures
- April 2015 – OPS Mid-Atlantic Ophthalmic Imaging Update: The Relationship Between Dark Adaptation and AMD
- October 2014 – ATPO Fellow Lecture, Chicago: Be Afraid of the Dark – the relationship between dark adaptation and AMD
- January 2013 – Penn State Ophthalmology Technician Program – Hershey: Every Day an Unreliable Visual Field? . . . an OBJECTIVE test option
- April 2012 – OPS Mid-Atlantic Ophthalmic Imaging Update: OCT RNFL imaging for Glaucoma and other Optic Neuropathies
- January 2012 – Penn State Ophthalmology Technician Program Hershey: Refractometry Pearls & The 6 Minute Manifest
- April 2011 – OPS Mid-Atlantic Ophthalmic Imaging Update: OCT Retinal Anatomy
- January 2011 – Penn State Ophthalmology Technician Program – Hershey: Diagnostic Testing and the Continuum of Glaucoma: how it all fits in your toolbox
- October 2010 – JCAHPO Annual Program, Chicago: Using Technology to Eliminate Guesswork from Premium IOL Selection; OCT RNFL Imaging for Glaucoma and other Optic Neuropathies (#JCAV3300 and #JCAP3460, respectively @ eyecarece.jcahpo.org/
- May 2010 – Georgetown Center for Sight Ophthalmic Technician Review Program: Anterior and Posterior Segment OCT – an overview
- September 2002 – National Glaucoma Society – Malvern (COPE approved): OCT: Virtually For Every Glaucoma and Retina Patient
- On-line accredited CEC’s @ eyecarece.jcahpo.org/ (#JCTX1281) Challenges in Refractometry: Troubleshooting Refraction Problems
Todd started in the eyecare industry as an ophthalmic photographer in 1975, prior to graduation from Rochester Institute of Technology. He also worked toward a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology in Health Science Education at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry.
He was first certified by JCAHPO in 1979 and progressed to the Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) level in 1986. He holds the Certified Retinal Angiographer (CRA) certification from the Ophthalmic Photographer’s Society. In 1998, he became a Fellow of the Contact Lens Society of America (FCLSA).
Before his corporate eye care career, he worked clinically for many years, last as a Contact Lens Specialist and Refractometry Analyst at Eye Associates of Lancaster, Ltd., Lancaster, PA; Todd held that position for about 19 years. Since August 2002, he worked corporately in several capacities: EMR Division Manager for ifa Systems, LLC; Paragon CRT Clinical Specialist; Sales Executive with Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc; and most recently, Regional Sales Executive with MacuLogix, Inc.
Todd served the Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology as President for two terms, edited their journal Viewpoints™ and was bestowed the honor of Fellow of ATPO. In October 2016, he received the President’s Award of Recognition for his valuable contributions to ophthalmology. He also served on the Board of Director’s of the Contact Lens Society of America, on several Editorial Boards and has been published in numerous peer-reviewed ophthalmology journals and optometry magazines. As an ophthalmic educator, he was an invited guest of various corporate speaker bureaus. In the last 25 years, Todd has taught many thousands of eye technicians, opticians and eye doctors across the United States.
* American Journal of Ophthalmology; Review of Ophthalmology; Journal of Ophthalmic Nursing & Technology (1991-2000); Primary Care Optometry News; Ophthalmic Technician; blinks Magazine; Vision 1st; Chilton’s Eyewear; EYEQUEST Magazine; Viewpoints®, Journal of ATPO (1990-97); Vision 1st; CLSA’s EyeWitness; Refinements of AAO (1996-98)